Trump Pulls Out All The Stops To Shirk Responsibility For Ripping Children From Their Parents At The Border
That as Pro-Publica put out this harrowing audio of children, some of them very young, at a Customs and Border Protection facility.
Here’s how the President tried to spin the spotlight off of him:
- Blamed the Democrats (again). So we will mention again, the “horrible” law he keeps referring to (which was signed by George W. Bush) applies only to minors arriving unaccompanied at the border. The kids these days are arriving with their parents and are only becoming “unaccompanied” because it’s the Trump administration’s policy to take them away. In addition, as we’ve also mentioned, there is a bipartisan plan ready to go in the House, so when Trump says Democrats “won’t even come to the table”, he means they won’t sign on for the draconian measures he wants (even though they’re still willing to give him plenty).
- Brought Homeland Security Director Kirstjen Nielsen up to the White House for a “loyalty test”, which involved her echoing the President’s absurd talking points (a la Sean Spicer when he insisted Trump’s inauguration crowd size was the biggest ever).
- Threatened China with an additional $200-billion in tariffs.
- Tweeted repeatedly that Special Counsel Robert Mueller and fired F.B.I. Director James Comey are “best friends”, which seems to be a new overarching theme.
- And finally, announced he’s forming a “Space Force” as a 6th branch of the U.S. military. Calling it “separate but equal.”
Meanwhile, the Republican Governor of Massachusetts, Charlie Baker, said he will not authorize sending National Guard troops from his state to the Southern Border, due to the President’s “cruel and inhumane” action. So it ain’t just Democrats.